- Q. Is this a hardware of software synthesizer?
- A.This is a hardware project, the end product will be a
physical device. The sound generation circuit is designed using
the SystemVerilog hardware description language, the MIDI
protocol stack and control firmware is written in the C
- Q. Do you need beta testers?
- A. Not yet.
- Q. Where does the pasde2.com web site name come from and how
is it pronounced?
- A. Do you really want to know? It is a contrived
acronym / play on words. The acronym is for "Performance Analog
Synthesizer Digital Emulation II". In the tradition of great synthesizers and open source projects whose
name are not pronounced as they are written, it is pronounced
like the French "pas de deux" (PAW-D'-DER) which is a ballet
term for a dance duet. I registered the domain name when I was
preparing to work on digital emulation of analog synthesizers
(in hardware, of course), but the RTFM project took precedence.
The play on word is that in French "pas de deux" also means "no
twos" which is appropriate for digital logic where there are
only zeroes and ones, no twos.
- Q. How do I get answers to other questions?
- A. Send your questions to: email@example.com